Saturday, March 27, 2010

Open Figure/Portrait Sessions 2010




Twice a month, I host an Open Figure/Portrait Session. With the longer days, I shifted the hours to noon to 5pm. This seems to work for most people. Today's model wore a wonderful costume that she had made. To get the nice warm, reflected light, I opened the shutters on our south-facing window and draped it with material. This stopped the direct sun, but left a nice warm glow that you can see on the right side of the figure. It was fun to contrast the cool north light with the warm reflected light.

1 comment:

Karen Winslow said...

I hate to do this, but sometimes I get comments with a lot of links. The comments are usually in a foreign language, so I have no idea what they say. However, very often these links will cause computer viruses, so I delete them.