Monday, February 11, 2013

Note Cards

"Dolls" from an original painting by Karen Winslow

"Girl in the Big Straw Hat" from an original painting by Karen Winslow

"Penny's Perfect Teas & Pastries" from an original painting by Karen Winslow

"Dolls & Books" from an original painting by Karen Winslow

"Tea Party" from an original painting by Karen Winslow
Some years back, I printed note cards from a few of my paintings.  I sold them through various bookstores and gifts shops, and when I opened my studio storefront, I sold them there.  Selling them supplemented painting sales.  In order to make a living as an artist, artists often come up with a "Plan B".  The above cards were part of my "Children" theme.  The paintings in these cards sold years ago, but I thought the images made pleasant cards.  All of my cards are blank and come with plain white envelopes.  The cards with the little girls were from paintings I did  of my children and were done from life.  In so many ways, I wish I still owned the paintings. 

 I am considering putting some of these on Etsy, but I think I may just sell them directly.  If anyone is interested, please let me know.  Thanks.

No comments: