Sunday, June 17, 2007

Still life - Peonies

I've added more foliage and more lilies on the right. My daughter, her husband and my wonderful grandchildren showed up for Father's Day dinner, so this is as far as I can go today. I am off to a good start, and I will try to keep the painting fresh and moving towards a unified light effect. By tomorrow, the flowers in the set-up will be very different. Some will be full blown, and some will probably be a pile of petals on the table. I will need to replace the flower in the set-up that I had originally placed on the table, as it has now collasped. In case you were wondering, I am doing this painting on a panel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for showing the work in progress. That's helpful and informative and I do appreciate it (and for the photo of the set-up as well).
Thanks!