Thursday, December 29, 2011

Jeffersonville Art Festival - demo - August 13, 2011



I have been very slack in keeping up my blog, so I am trying to catch up on some of the paintings I did this year.  These photos were taken at the 3rd Annual Jeffersonville Art Festival, August 13, 2011.  It was a one-day festival featuring artists and craftsman, mostly from Lamoille County.  I decided to participate by being a demonstrator, where I would be painting "On the Spot", so that people could watch and ask questions.  

Choosing a nice shady spot, I painted the tents of some of the various vendors along Main Street in Jeffersonville.  It was a lot of fun to try to put in people, who wandered back and forth enjoying the beautiful day and supporting local artists.  Here is the result of that effort, a 10"x12" oil on panel.  Two of my grandkids came by to watch grandma in action.  

2 comments:

Judy P. said...

I love the way my eye travels around in the painting, and I would be proud as punch to have a great little audience like that!

Karen Winslow said...

Thanks, Judy! It was fun to do, and George and Claire seemed to enjoy the show. My grandson is holding up a trinket he got at one of the booths. I wish the festival was a weekend instead of just one day, though.