Saturday, February 27, 2010

Open Figure/Portrait Sessions 2010





The Saturday Open Figure/Portrait Sessions are held the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month. So, we have had 4 sessions this year. All of our models were wonderful and offered different challenges. We had one nude, a mother and 6 month old baby, a woman in a medieval costume and a young man with a mandolin and really neat jacket. Here are a few photos from some of the sessions. It is fun to try to complete a study in one session, and it is great to paint with friends.

4 comments:

innisart said...

It looks wonderful! I wish I were there! The model's costumes look like they would be so much fun to paint.

Karen Winslow said...

Hi Matthew. Yes, We've had some pretty awesome models so far this year, and they were really fun to paint. I wish I could afford to hire models more often, because this is what I truly love to do. The woman in the white dress usually poses in medieval costumes that she makes. This was her wedding dress. The young man's jacket had some sort of gold embroidery, and I have tried to suggest that in my painting. Thanks for visiting! :D

Unknown said...

Karen,

I really like what I have seen on your Blog. I'm looking forward to seeing more. More and more I am seeing artists hungering for a more traditional approach with an emphasis to good drawing and modeling.

If you live long enough you see things go full circle.....and come around

Do you have a website?

Karen Winslow said...

Hi Frank. Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, I do have a website, www.winslowartstudio.com. It shows my work and my husband's. We both studied at the Art Students League with Frank Mason back in the seventies.