Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Few More Pictures from the Demo

We took a little break for snacks and coffee/tea

I answered a lot of questions


This is as far as I got before the group departed for their picnic


After about a hour or so of painting  and talking, we had a little coffee break and I answered more questions.   I resumed painting, and the bottom picture is as far as I could go in their alotted time.  

The Essex Art League meets every month during the school year, then takes the summer off. The majority of painters were watercolorist, but artistic principles on value, form and light can be applied in any medium.  I was the last demo of the year, and afterwards was invited to their "End of the Year" luncheon.  They were a great group, very enthusiastic and diverse, and I hope that I imparted a few good ideas as they continue on their personal artistic journeys.

No comments: